Noninvasive Measure of Gas Exchange Efficiency
Identifying patient gas exchange efficiency is essential to the field of respiratory medicine.
The MediPines Gas Exchange Monitor is the first technology of its kind to integrate a comprehensive set of critical parameters and innovative respiratory indices analyzed from a patient’s normal breathing samples in a simple, easy to administer breathing test in only a few minutes. It provides non-invasive measurement of respiratory gas exchange for real-time respiratory status detection.
Real-time Respiratory Status Detection
The non-invasive monitor provides clinicians with information on patient gas exchange previously only available through invasive or complicated methods. The device provides critical parameters such as respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, pulse rate, and end-tidal CO2. It also provides novel insights through innovative indices including oxygen deficit and respiratory quotient, unavailable in other devices.
Portable and Designed for Point-of-Care Use
As technology advances, and as the demand for non-invasive, point-of-care measurements increases, it is now possible for a non-invasive portable measurement device that can support evaluation and trending of pulmonary gas exchange status of a patient in a point of care setting.
MediPines Gas Exchange Monitor Advantages:
- Comprehensive gas measurements
- Point-of-care (POC)
- Immediate patient results
To schedule a meeting tailored to your clinical situation and needs, and to learn more about how the AGM100® can benefit your practice, click the button below.
MediPines Gas Exchange Monitor (AGM100®) Parameters and Uses
Parameters and Innovative Indices:
The MediPines Gas Exchange Monitor provides clinicians with real-time respiratory parameters and calculated indices.
- Functional Oxygen Saturation (%SpO2)– The percentage of oxygen saturated hemoglobin relative to total hemoglobin in arterial blood
- Pulse Rate (PR)– The number of times the heart beats per minute
- PIO2– Partial pressure of inspired oxygen, mmHg
- PETO2– End-tidal oxygen partial pressure, mmHg
- PETCO2– End-tidal carbon dioxide partial pressure, mmHg
- Respiratory Rate (RR)– The number of patient breaths per unit time
- gPaO2™– Calculated arterial partial pressure of oxygen, mmHg
- Oxygen Deficit– Breath-based index of gas exchange inefficiency that is the difference between alveolar and arterial oxygen levels, mmHg
The MediPines Gas Exchange Monitor is the first technology of its kind to integrate a comprehensive set of respiratory parameters and innovative indices analyzed from a patient’s normal breathing samples in a simple, easy to administer breathing test in only a few minutes.
The non-invasive monitor provides clinicians with information on patient gas exchange previously only available through invasive or complicated methods. It also provides novel insights through parameters and indices including oxygen deficit and respiratory quotient. The device combines this with traditional respiratory parameters such as respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, pulse rate, and end-tidal CO2.
The device is:
- Designed for point-of-care use.
Ergonomically Designed for Maximum Patient Comfort
The MediPines Advanced Breathing Circuit features an ergonomic design, engineered to optimize respiratory patient gas sampling. Designed to ensure laminar flow gas sampling capture; optimized for respiratory patient sampling purpose.
Optimal Patient Breath Sampling: The breathing circuit incorporates a handle-connector piece that was engineered specifically to provide more surface area for sampling tube bonding, creating an air-tight seal. The sampling tubing materials are multi-layered, engineered to prevent gas absorption as they travel from the patient’s mouth to the AGM100® to allow for precise and accurate measurements of gas values.
- The breathing circuit contains a precisely centered sampling port to ensure an accurate and consistent measurement of patient breath composition.
- A buffer space was designed into the breathing circuit to account for known physiological patterns of pausing after exhalation during normal breathing. The buffer volume prevents mixing from ambient air during this time.
US and Foreign Patents Pending
The MediPines Gas Exchange Monitor (AGM100®) is built on patented technologies and manufactured in the USA.